We are very excited to be hosting a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) Seminar on Saturday June 8th, 2019 from 8:30am-5pm at our leasing office.
Certified Dementia Practitioner Seminar Information
This is the required “live” seminar for those pursuing certification as a certified dementia practitioner (CDP). You can also come for the education even if you don’t qualify. Learn more about the qualifications on the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners’ (NCCDP) website.
Seminar Goals and Objectives
- Provide fundamental education on dementia and dementia care.
- Enhance the quality of life of those suffering with dementia through education of care providers.
- Foster sensitivity and respect for those with dementia.
- Teach communication techniques.
- Provide sensitive approaches for assisting those with dementia with activities of daily living.
- Identify common causes of aggressive, repetitive, and sundowning behaviors in older adults.
- Describe behavioral interventions that may be used to prevent, reduce, or eliminate difficult care situations.
- Describe challenges related to caregiver stress.
- Address end of life care.
A CDP application will be provided during the seminar. You have 30 days to submit your application to NCCDP for consideration of CDP certification. You’ll find further information on the seminar here.
Register for the CDP Seminar
The certified dementia practitioner seminar is an all-day course taking place on Saturday June 8th, 2019 from 9am – 5pm in our leasing office at 108 Buckwalter Parkway Suite, 2G Bluffton, SC 29926. Please plan to arrive at 8:30am for registration.
We will be providing: breakfast, lunch, a workbook, and the CDP application for NCCDP.
Please contact us directly here, or call at 843-612-0700 to register for this event. We have limited spaces available, so contact us today to register and pay for the seminar in order to secure your spot.